From Our Scribes
June 10th, 2015
As the international community awaits results of an investigation by the United Nations on whether o[more]
- Metro rail, bus lines impacted by heavy rains
- Rain that sparked Wednesday flooding expected to linger into ThursdayThough the calendar says winter, Wednesday arrived bearing all the traits of a soggy late-spring day in south Texas: warm air, swollen clouds, pounding interludes of rain, and flooded roadways that bedeviled motorists and frightened nearby homeowners who have seen it all too many times before. While most local bayous stayed within their banks, some […]
- 'Spring' weather continues for mid-JanuaryMartin Luther King Jr. Day will continue the streak of warm weather Houston has observed for much of the winter, if it's allowed to be called winter.
- Scenes from the 2017 Black Tie and Boots inaugural ballThe 2017 Black Tie and Boots Inaugural Ball is an unofficial event related to the swearing-in of presidents.
- Police investigate fatal hit and run
- Winning numbers for Jan. 19, 2017Winning numbers for Jan. 19, 2017 Estimated jackpot $13.25 million Winning tickets None Estimated jackpot $135 million Winning tickets None Estimated jackpot $150 million Winning tickets None
- Carmelo Anthony's 25-point quarter the lone highlight for Knicks starCarmelo Anthony's 25-point quarter the lone highlight for Knicks star
- Lee: Wizards assistant tricked me on final playLee: Wizards assistant tricked me on final play
- Kawhi Leonard wastes no time backing up All-Star starting nodKawhi Leonard wastes no time backing up All-Star starting nod
- What it's like to plan an inauguration, according to people who pulled one offWhen Donald J. Trump takes the oath of office on Friday morning and becomes the 45th president of the United States, the pomp and circumstance surrounding him will have been the result of a whirlwind of planning and fundraising. This is what it was like to plan an inauguration, that of outgoing President Barack Obama, […]
- President Obama made one of history's greatest stock market calls in March 2009President Barack Obama stepped into office in 2009 — the year after stocks lost nearly 40% amid the financial crisis of 2007-08. And a few months into his presidency, he ended up making one of the most perfectly timed market calls ever. On March 3, 2009, just three days before stocks touched an intra-day low of 666, and six days […]
- Hackers can now steal your fingerprints from photosNew research warns that hackers could copy fingerprints from high-resolution photographs. A possible solution is already in the works, with transparent film stickers that prevent photographs from being copied. Follow BI Video: On TwitterJoin the conversation about this story »