From Our Scribes
June 6th, 2015
The last two years in university are very busy for any graduating senior, engineering de[more]
- HPD, HFD prepare as city faces severe-weather threatsHouston's Office of Emergency Management is monitoring the severe-weather threats for the region over the weekend. The National Weather Service is expecting the metro area to get at least 6 inches of rain over the next few days.
- 3 days of rain could pound SE Texas this weekendHeavy rain is expected from Saturday morning through Monday evening.
- Storms lash Houston Wednesday; Thanksgiving Day sunny, dryPowerful storms Wednesday morning swept through the Houston region, sparking downpours and delaying flights, but Thanksgiving Day should be dry and sunny.
- Winning numbers for Dec. 6, 2016Winning numbers for Dec. 6, 2016 Estimated jackpot $7 million Winning tickets None Estimated jackpot $54 million Winning tickets None Estimated jackpot $30 million Winning tickets None
- Tweeted photo of Melania and Barron Trump makes some uncomfortableA photo of soon-to-be first lady Melania Trump with her 10-year-old son, Barron, made the rounds on social media and caused a little controversy.
- Fourth man in brazen $4 million UH armored car heist sentenced to 9 years in prisonThe final defendant in a brazen University of Houston armored car robbery case from 2013 was sentenced Tuesday to nine years in federal prison.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- British industry was already doing terribly — and it is getting even worseIndustrial output in the UK fell by 1.3% in the month of October making an already troubling picture for the sector even more bleak in the aftermath of the vote to leave the European Union, according to the latest data released by the Office for National Statistics on Wednesday. That was compared to the forecasts of […]
- Apple Music now has 20 million subscribers (AAPL)Apple Music has 20 million subscribers, Apple says. The Californian tech giant gave interviews to Billboard and the BBC announcing the milestone — which means it is now half the size of rival Spotify. The subscription music service launched in June 2015, and it has grown steadily since then. Apple has aggressively courted deals with […]
- A post-Brexit immigration crackdown could be devastating for the UK economyA fall in immigration post-Brexit will hit the growth of the British economy, but some low-skilled workers would see their incomes slightly boosted, according to new research by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR). The report, seen by the Financial Times, found that a fall in total immigration of 91,000 — the […]